Friday, August 23, 2013

Timeless...

Counting birthdays stops being a big deal at some point in our lives. It's not that we don't remember and, perhaps, even celebrate; it's merely that the day marks an anniversary of our birth and not some big event. I think the change in attitude really happened in our lives when we had kids. Celebrating their birthdays became the focus.

That being said, Diane celebrates a birthday this weekend. Age doesn't really matter in our relationship any more, so mentioning her age is pointless. What matters is that Sunday will mark a day that is very special to me because it marks the anniversary of the birth of the most wonderful woman on Earth.

No one would ever guess that she is older than me. In fact, most people are convinced that she is much younger than me. Perhaps it's because she continues to grow more beautiful while I just grow older. Perhaps it's because she is so mature and I'm, let's just say not so mature.

I think, though, it's just because everyone realizes how timeless a woman like Diane is.

Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. (Prov. 31:29)

Happy Birthday, Diane.

No comments:

Post a Comment