Monday, December 30, 2013

I Saw That!

There's an old saying that says, "When all you have is a hammer; everything looks like a nail." Well, you can imagine what that means when I say that I got two new saws...

My boss gives each of us and each of our wives gift cards as a Christmas bonus each year. I used my card this year to buy some tools that I needed to complete some projects around the house that I had previously been putting off with the convenient excuse that I didn't have the proper tools. Well, my Christmas bonus this year destroyed my last excuse for putting off Diane's project list by allowing me to buy a miter saw, a Sawzall, a pneumatic finish nailer and some associated goodies.

Well now I have saws and everything looks like something that needs to be sawn.

The trim job in the kitchen and dining room became the first project to be checked off. Diane finished painting the rooms several weeks ago. Continuing the project required me to cut and install a lot of wood.

Suddenly, there was a bunch of stuff that needed to be cut and nailed! The pile of freshly stained and sealed lumber awaited me in the basement.

I was going to saw it.

I had to saw lots and lots of wood!

The angled cuts required for the cathedral ceilings allowed me to put my new miter saw to the test. We'll tackle the same tasks in the living room next before I move on to the next stage of building faux box beams across the cathedral ceilings in both areas. Then I'll be using the new Sawzall to cut out a short wall next to the stairs so we can replace it with a railing, newels and balusters!

We have one by fours.

I saw that.

We have one by sixes.

I saw that.

We have railings, balusters and newels.

Yep, I saw those, too.

So many things to saw and so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment