Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dinah's Evil Eye

Mom and Ted had a couple of horses for a while. I still don't understand why anyone in their right mind would actually want horses, but they did. One of them was a particularly evil beast named Dinah. Now Dinah had somehow hypnotized Mom into believing that she was just a loving old mare that wouldn't hurt a flea, but Mom was deceived.

Mom actually put my sons in grave danger by taking them out to the corral and allowing them to feed Dinah directly from their hands. She would also open a can of soda and tip it back for the horse to drink it; much to the delight of my two sons who were quickly sucked into Dinah's hypnotic trance.

I was too sharp to be caught up in Dinah's evil gaze.

Ted saddled up the "loving old mare" to let the boys ride during one of our visits to the farm. He lifted each of the boys in turn onto the saddle and led the horse around the yard. I watched from the safety of the porch. Dinah kept looking over toward me with an evil eye, but I'm sure she was afraid to act out on her plans because I was standing on the porch which put me in close proximity to several guns. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure she would have yanked the reins from Ted's hand and taken off across the field in an attempt to throw my sons from her back.

Mom just laughed at me, but what did she know; she was already brainwashed.

I actually rode Dinah one time. The horse ignored my commands and wandered off into the field in an attempt to sneak away to cause me harm. She pretended to eat, all the while plotting how to bring about my demise. She had no intention of going back to the house and barn until Mom called her back, at which time she raced off at full speed. I have no idea how anyone thinks they can control such a beast since it is impossible to hold onto the reins and the saddle horn at the same time. Given a choice, I elected to hold onto the saddle horn with both hands in an attempt to keep the horse from throwing me off.

It was just wrong...

Horses are the real reason that cowboys wear guns, you know!

I am amazed every time I see my nephew Bryan post pictures of them putting Liam, their young son, on a horse. They are allowing him to fall under the beasts hypnotic eye at a young age.

Liam will probably grow up deceived to believe that horses are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment