Monday, October 14, 2013

40 Days And 40 Nights

There is a lot of Biblical significance to the phrase 40 Days and 40 Nights. It seems to be a very, very long time when you are going through a particular trial or anticipating a particular event. Is sure seems like a long time now, too.

As of 6:38 AM we are 40 days from the opening of the 2013 Wisconsin Gun Deer season; that nine day period each year where hundreds of thousands of blaze orange clad men, women and children will take to the fields and forests in their annual quest for the elusive whitetail deer.

Matthew and I will join Mike and Scott for our traditional hunt on Mike's farmland in Southwest Wisconsin. I can already close my eyes and transport myself to the deer stand where I can see the slowly brightening woods as the sunrise approaches and I can imagine the sounds and smells of the awakening woods.

Forty days is a very long time, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment