Monday, June 17, 2013

A Different Sort Of Day

I'm back to work after several days off last week. Somehow it seems that time passes more quickly on vacation days and weekends than it does on workdays. Maybe that's what Einstein really meant when he talked about Relative Time...

I have a great Einstein watch that Mom gave me for Christmas one year. In fact, I'm wearing it today.

It's hard to see in the picture, but it has a caricature of Albert Einstein, complete with out of control hair. He is surrounded by the hour identifiers with a twist. Instead of 1, 2, 3; it says 1ish, 2ish, 3ish, etc. The twelve is replaced by the words "Relative Time."

Believe me; I know that Einstein's Theory of Relativity has nothing to do with work time versus time off, but it makes for a fun discussion. Time just seems to pass so quickly at times and drag on forever at other times. Perhaps it is because we look at our watches every two minutes when doing something we really don't want to be doing but get so caught up in the fun things that we do that we don't even notice the passage of the hours, days, weeks and years.

So today marks another day of the clock moving slowly. Probably VERY slowly. My five day weekend seemingly over in a heartbeat. The workday to last forever.

I'll find a way to deal with it. Perhaps I'll glance at my watch periodically throughout the day and remind myself that in only nine-ish hours I'll be able to head home.

Make that still nine-ish hours.

Last time I checked it was still nine-ish hours.

Man this watch must be stopped...

No comments:

Post a Comment