Tuesday, January 7, 2014

After 16 Years!!!!!

Toyota came out with the Tundra in 1998 at which time I immediately fell in love with it. I love trucks and I loved the Tundra. I couldn't afford it when I got my first truck in 1999 so I went with a Dodge Ram. Suffice it to say that I spent far more fixing all of the bizarre failures on that truck during the five years I had it than I would have spent had I just gotten a Tundra in the first place.

Our life situation pretty much moved me to the 4Runner in 2005 and again when my company provided me with a car in 2008. The Tundra just wasn't practical when we had to think about trips between Wisconsin and Greenville, SC while the boys were in college. I needed an SUV more than a pickup.

That limitation is gone, though, so when my boss told me it was time to replace my 4Runner there was no doubt in my mind that I was going for a Tundra.



I picked her up yesterday.

She is beautiful; even if Diane does think I'm a major fuddy-duddy because I selected a gray truck just like the gray 4Runner I picked before and the gray 4Runner I picked before that.

What a blessing it is to work at a place that the boss lets me pick out pretty much any vehicle I want and drive it as if it's my personal vehicle.

After sixteen years of coveting a Tundra; there was one in my driveway last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment