Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Just Leave It Alone!

This week has been a frustrating one at work, to say the least. It's bad enough when people do something, shall we say, less than wise that causes me more work and frustration. It's even worse when that person is a one of your bosses.

I got a call while I was on my way to work Monday morning. His computer wouldn't boot up. 

No big deal, right? I'll get in there and figure it out and get him on his way.

Well, that's how it is supposed to work.

I was presented with some strange options when I sat down in front of his computer. He proceeded to tell me that he had, "clicked on some things I thought would help," while he was awaiting my arrival. I'm not really sure what all he clicked on, but whatever it was, my only recourse was to completely restore the system to its factory state.

That means I basically "got to" reformat his hard drive and start all over with reloading his operating system, programs, drivers, files, etc. etc. etc.

No fun at all! It's not like I don't have anything else to do this week.

Well, to make a very long story as short as possible, I still have not finished his computer. I keep getting sidetracked with other things that require my time. I put his old computer back onto his desk so he could at least keep working while I tackle this task.

Sometimes I think only geeks should be allowed to touch computers...


No comments:

Post a Comment