Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall...

I know I'm not hip, with it, down or whatever the current term is for being culturally relevant. I look in the mirror each morning and the face looking back at me is that of a mildly paunchy, middle aged product of some previous generation. I have no doubt that no one other than my family really wants to look at this mug; and even they would probably rather skip it most of the time, too.

That said; I simply don't get this new "selfie" fad. What's the point of taking pictures of yourself and posting them all over social media for all the world to see. What's more, many young women feel the need to pucker up their face and flash the peace sign before taking the picture.

What's the point?

The standard female "selfie" expression can make even attractive women look bizarre. Yet they continue to appear on social media with frightening frequency.

I don't take "selfies."

I see that face in the mirror - and the mirror doesn't lie.

I guess it's just because I'm not hip - or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment