Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Fault!

I am not superstitious. Not in any way. I find it odd, though, that some things seem to tie together a little too closely sometimes. I speak, of course, of the Blues record when I am not wearing my "lucky sweatshirt."

I have a plain old Blues Hockey sweatshirt that I put on when I get home from work virtually every evening throughout the autumn, winter and fall. Diane keeps our house relatively cool to help minimize the impact of her hot flashes. I compensate by putting on a sweatshirt.

Not just any sweatshirt, though. It has to be my lucky Blues Hockey sweatshirt.

I end up wearing my Blues Hockey sweatshirt during almost every Blues game I watch on television. I say almost because even my lucky sweatshirt has to be washed occasionally.

My lucky sweatshirt is not perfect. I haven't kept track of the wins and losses while wearing it, but I have noticed a troubling trend - we have lost every game I have watched on television while not wearing my lucky sweatshirt.

I'll bet you can guess what comes next - the losses to the Blackhawks and Flyers last week came while my lucky sweatshirt was waiting to be laundered.

The losses are my fault.

I accept full blame.

I mentioned this troubling trend to Diane after our loss to the Flyers Saturday and she immediately retrieved that load of laundry and got it into the washing machine.

I was wearing my lucky Blues Hockey sweatshirt during our exciting 1 - 0 game against the Penguins Sunday.

Now I'm not claiming any magical powers being associated with my sweatshirt, but you can't deny that we played horribly when I wasn't wearing it and then played well and won a very exciting game when I put it back on.

You can bet I'll be wearing that sweatshirt all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment