Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I'm Number One!!!

I'm one of those people who so values my right to vote that I almost never miss an opportunity to go to the polls; even if the only thing on the ballot is a seat on the local village board. I figure I give up my right to complain if I didn't take the time to get out and vote.

Today is election day in Wisconsin. We have several very important races on the ballot alongside a bunch of uncontested races. We got free tickets to the Brewers game tonight, so I can't vote after work. The solution - vote as soon as the polls open and get to work a few minutes late.

I arrived at the polls about ten minutes, or so, before they opened. (For me, ten minutes early for something is actually about five minutes late.) I managed to be the first one in line, first one to get my ballot and first one to put my ballot into the machine.

At least for today; and at least as far as the election goes - I'm Number One!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment