Monday, February 1, 2016

Some Day...

Just when is Some Day, anyway? I keep looking for it and never seem to find it.

I saw a Facebook post recently that listed the seven easy steps to improve your attitude. They were simple steps:

1. Stand Up
2. Stretch
3. Take a Walk
4. Keep Walking
5. Board a Plane
6. Fly to Alaska
7. Never Return

That looked like pretty good advice to me. In fact, I even added a comment saying, "I've been telling my wife, Diane Brader, this for years!"

Diane replied, "Some day!!!"

Not, "I wish," or "It would be great if we could do that."

No, she said, "Some day."

People say that a lot.

Maybe some day this.

Or maybe some day that.

Some day.

There are so many things we talk about doing Some Day. Some of them are all in fun; others, are dreams we would love to see fulfilled. Life seems to intervene, though, and make Some Day seem farther and farther off. Something else consumes the time or forces us to rethink our budget.

I imagine I'll run out of days long before Some Day ever comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment