Thursday, June 12, 2014

Not Possible To Care Less

I have been bombarded with news of the World Cup for months. It seems impossible to watch any sports news without the reporters talking about the upcoming tournament. Even the crawl across the bottom of the screen during hockey and baseball games lists World Cup news.

I just don't get it.

While I understand that soccer has become much more popular in the United States than it was when I was a kid; it's still not like we have, as Mom used to say, "an ice cube's chance in hell," of actually winning anything. Let's face it; USA men's soccer pales in comparison to USA women's soccer. We will certainly play (and likely get walloped) in the first round and then go home.

Only one of my co-workers cares about the tournament; but, then again, he lives, eats and breathes anything sports. I'm pretty sure that's his only interest in life. He talks about the World Cup. A lot. Unfortunately, he sits right beside me at work so I have to hear it.

I'm sure Matthew will want to watch soccer. I would rather watch a 50th rerun of the paint drying special on DIY Network. (I actually love DIY Network, but you get the point.)

I don't believe it is possible for me to care less about the tournament. At this point, I just want it to be over with so I can stop hearing about it. I would almost (key word, almost) rather watch the NBA.

Torture either way.

Bring on channel 230 and its constant stream of DIY shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment